Ubisoft recently took to The Division’s official website to announce why the glitchy update 1.4 has been delayed. Yes, the devs break down everything that they plan to do with the MMORPG shooter, and then some. Tom Clancy’s The Division is out now for Xbox One, PC and PS4.
Not that this update will matter, because the base game is glitchy and revolves around endless grinding, but update 1.4 will supposedly return The Division to having more core shooting mechanics, like when players first started the game.
They also go into detail how they want players to still customize their gear and stuff but with great optimization, which can be caught below.
“As mentioned in the last developement blog and the State of the Game livestream where we introduced World Tiers, one issue facing The Division today is that the power difference between optimized and non-optimized builds is too great.”
The note continues and explains that the two extremes in the game will be reduced, creating a method that will supposedly fix broken equipment and optimized and non-optimized builds.
“We still want people to optimize their gear and min-max to their heart’s content, but in order to balance the game, we need to reduce the gap between the two extremes. As part of Update 1.4 we also want to bring back the shooter feeling, add more decision making and hard choices when building your character and add more variety to the viable builds.”
Instead of dragging you through the long post over on the Division’s site, you can read a summary of what will be in update 1.4:
- All gear in World Tier 2 and higher will have all three base stats: Firearms, Stamina, Electronics. One of the stats will be higher than the other.
- Other bonuses like crit chance and headshot damage will be scaled down. This is to help bolster the new game balance.
- Gear will lose their skill bonuses, but backpacks, holsters and knee pads will gain new performance mod slots, making them “easier” to customize.
- Gear Sets will have their Gear Score adjusted to the same level as Higher End gear.
- Stat overlaps between Gear Scores have been removed, along with Scavenging.
- High End gear talents have been re-balanced.
Division players on PC will be able to test update 1.4 ahead of console players. For more information on the PC test and update 1.4, you can head on over to thedivision.ubi.com.
Ads (learn more about our advertising policies here)