One of the more powerful servants in Marvelous and XSeed Games’ Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star is Artoria Pendragon. The character requires a bit of a process in order to unlock, but thankfully there’s a guide available to help you through the process.
Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star is now available in North America for PS4 and PS Vita. It’s had a rather muted campaign leading up to its release in the West after initially dropping in Japan during the holiday season last year.
For gamers who have picked up a copy of the PS4 or PS Vita title and you’re interested in how to unlock Artoria in the game, there’s a quick two minute video that teaches you how, courtesy of the official PlayStation channel.
So for the hearing impaired (or if you just don’t want to watch the video):
- The first thing you do is go into your system settings and set your clock between 3:00 and 4:00 pm if you have version 1.00 of the game. This is only for patch 1.00 of the game (if you have patch 1.01 then you can skip this part).
- Next up you’ll need to choose one of the main levels with a “Mystery” side mission on the normal difficulty or higher.
- Complete the Regime Matrix but don’t defeat the boss in the stage.
- From there, you’ll need to complete one of the following arcs: Nero’s arc in the Jeanne D’arc stage in Sector D. Tamamo’s arc in the Nameless stage of Sector J. Altera’s arc in Cu Chulainn in Sector E, and a special arc in Tamamo stage in Sector H.
- After completing the Regime Matrix and you have gone to the following sector, begin to kill the enemies and make them drop health power-ups. Consume 5 health power-ups in that sector after completing the Regime Matrix.
- After completing those steps you’ll be informed that Artoria, King of Knights, will challenge you to a fight. Once you defeat Artoria you’ll need to battle the boss and then you’ll unlock her as a playable character.
It’s a little cumbersome but it’s not the worst thing in the world to have to unlock her in Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star.
Technically, I’m sure a lot of people might even unlock her by mistake. The only real tricky parts is version 1.00 and the system clock settings as well as consuming the five health power-ups after the sector segment. Otherwise it’s easy peasy.
You can look to pick up a digital or physical copy of Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star for PS4 or PS Vita starting today from your local retailer or online e-tailer.
Ads (learn more about our advertising policies here)