Destiny fans looking for some Destiny 2 information won’t find anything solid as of this moment, but there is a new leak in a video that covers the latest details regarding Destiny 2’s release date, platforms it will come out on, content updates and much more.
As some may already know, I’m not a big fan of rumors or dishing out rumors for folks to huddle around to decipher, but seeing how we have quite a bit of Destiny fans coming here searching for weapon guides and what derpy Xur has to offer every Friday, Destiny search terms are popping back up due to a new Destiny 2 leak. To quench Destiny 2 fans thirst, I’ll cover all the factual stuff and leave the new video below to cover the rumors.
The leak that was posted that seems to be garnering a lot of attention comes in by an anonymous Reddit user, which obviously means that you should take what is said in the video with a grain of salt. In other words the post could actually mean something real, or it could just be a troll getting some lel or keks in just for the lols of it, but here goes.
Destiny 2 is set to release sometime this year according to Activision Blizzard CEO Eric Hirshberg, who had this to say:
“We’re on track and excited about what we think is going to be an awesome sequel for Destiny in 2017. No announcements today on timing just yet, but what I will say is that the sequel is designed to excite both our highly engaged current players, but also to broaden the appeal even further, bringing in new fans and bringing back old fans as well. That’s our primary focus right now.”
According to Bungie’s job listing on its official site we can see that they want a specific focus on the game’s narrative or story. This includes hiring Head of Narrative Development, Narrative Director, and Live Narrative Director, which sees the two latter listings focusing on creating narratives in Destiny’s realm or universe.
Aside from that news regarding factual stuff from Bungie and Activision, you can look over the video that dives into the latest rumors. The video comes in by KackisHD.
Before concluding, here’s a TL;DR bullet list for those who don’t have time to watch a near 20 minute long video, or who seek to get their information as fast as possible:
- Destiny 2 will be named Forge of Hope
- Bungie will have a new engine built from the ground up for D2
- The game will be for PS4, Xbox One, PS4 Pro, Xbox Scorpio and PC
- Destiny 2 PlayStation exclusives will be cut down from one year to three months
- Three versions of the game will release at launch consisting of a Standard Edition, Special Edition and a Super Special Edition, each providing specific loot and cosmetics. All version will sport pre-order bonuses
- The new engine for Destiny 2 will make it so that big monthly content updates hit the scene regularly and quicker
- The first big expansion for Destiny 2 is already in the works ahead of its release which will focus on the Vex, and the lore of Kabr and Praedyth
- Destiny 2 story is said to take place after the Taken King, and will focus on the Cabal. Players will learn the history of Mara Sov and the Exo Stranger while fighting the Cabal
- Character creation is set to be more in-depth, and will leave behind established character from the first game
- Destiny 2: Forge and Hope is set to release around November 4th, 2017.
The above rumored stuff should be taken with a grain of salt and will remain as a rumor until proven by the publisher and developers of Destiny 2 as fact. As of now the original game is out now for PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One, while its expansion the Taken King is available for PS4 and Xbox One.
Ads (learn more about our advertising policies here)