Bandai Namco has gone and posted up a new overview trailer showing Gundam Versus and some of its new features. The video covers a wide spectrum of features found in the game, wherein the game itself is set to release for PS4 over in Japan on July 6th.
If you are a huge fan of mecha and Gundam games, then there’s no doubt that you’ll fancy the works of Bandai Namco’s Gundam Versus, which is an upcoming Gundam fighting game that sees various mecha from different works fighting each other in an arena style setting.
To stir up excitement among fans, the devs released a new video trailer that stands to be an overview of all of the new stuff found in Gundam Versus. The new trailer clocks in at five minutes and covers the game’s battle system.
The trailer reveals the new two vs. two battle system, actions like the boost dash, boost step, boost action and boost dive. Features like the Striker selection from over 180 obtainable Striker support units, the “Awakening” system, a new six player online multiplayer mode, a three vs. three and Boss Hunter mode are all shown in the newly posted trailer.
You can watch the new trailer below thanks to 876TV.
We also learn some of the mecha and pilots that will be in Gundam Versus:
- Nemo from Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam – piloted by Fa Yuiry
- Qubeley from Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ – piloted by Haman Karn
- Turn X from Turn A Gundam – piloted by Gym Ghingham
- Blitz Gundam from Mobile Suit Gundam SEED – piloted by Nicol Amalfi
- Gundam Throne Eins from Mobile Suit Gundam 00 – piloted by Johann Trinity
- Gundam Kimaris Trooper from Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans – piloted by Gaelio Bauduin
- Psycho Zaku from Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt – piloted by Daryl Lorentz.
Gundam Versus is set to release for PS4 in Japan on July 6th. It is also said that an Asian English version is also in the works, but it has no release date yet.