Back in May, we learned from Shenmue 3 publisher, Deep Silver, and director, Yu Suzuki, that the game needed more time in development thus pushing its release from this year to 2019. However, Ys Net has released a new Kickstarter update containing survey info and PC requirements.
Accompanying the Kickstarter update is a new video asking for backer feedback. In case you don’t know, folks who backed the game on Kickstarter or the official website should receive an e-mail. The message contains a link to the survey with questions about a list of things. You can check out the new video below:
As mentioned above, the game will release for PC and PS4, but the former platform has a lot of variables that go into it, and not everyone will be able to play a game (properly or as intended) if requirements are out of reach. With that said, you can look over Shenmue 3‘s PC recommended specs:
System Requirements for PC Version:
- OS: Windows 7 x64, Windows 8 x64, Windows 10 x64 (64-bit OS Required)
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 (3.40 GHz) or better; Quad-core or better
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti or better (DirectX 11 card & VRAM 2GB Required)
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband internet connection
- Storage: 100 GB available space
- Sound card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
- Additional Info: Requires Steam Client to activate
It’s best to keep in mind, though, that these PC requirements are placeholders and are subject to change as development continues. We know this thanks to a message advising readers that “system requirements may change without notice.” So take the above however you may like.
Finally, you can check out the full update on kickstarter.com, or you can wait for 2019 to roll around to pick up Shenmue 3 for PC or PS4.