Ubisoft has released a new teaser trailer for Far Cry 5’s second DLC, Lost on Mars, revealing its release date. The second round of downloadable content will be available to gamers on July 17th, 2018, across PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
If you have no clue what Lost on Mars is about, the story sees Nick Rye helping Hurk, but in doing so leads him outside of Hope County and all the way to Mars. Nick must master foreign or “alien” tech to battle out-of-this-world Arachnids and restore power to ANNE – a futuristic AI that is humanity’s last line of defense against the Arachnids.
Key features included in the second DLC consist of new Arachnid enemies, the opportunity to revisit Nick Rye and Hurk from Far Cry 5’s main campaign, the chance to use weapons like the Obliteratorrr, Tazer Phazer Anniliazer, Nerve Reaper, Grape Popper, and Hellfire, and the chance to wear the “Lost on Mars Outfit.”
Furthermore, Mars will not keep you bound to the ground like the main game or the Hours of Darkness DLC, instead, defy gravity and blast across Mars with your “Space Jets” to navigate the extraterrestrial terrain.
Also, Ubisoft shipped out Update 8 or “The Mars Update.” You can read over what new stuff has been added below.
- Robot factory structures and pieces
- Exterior Martian base walls
- Interior laboratory setups and pieces
- Martian rocks and terrain textures
- Towers and platforms setups and pieces
- Arachnid destructible pillars and eggs
- Sci-fi particles (holograms, lasers, and more)
- Photo Mode is now available via the Main Menu in Solo modes
- New Lobby Browser added in the Arcade for Multiplayer Lobbies
- New Assets Added in the Far Cry Arcade Editor
- New Lost on Mars static assets and weapons
- New Hours of Darkness assets (vehicles and weapons, enemy and animal AI, vegetation and static assets)
And lastly, you can access Lost on Mars by picking up the Season Pass and Gold Editions of Far Cry 5, or you can purchase Lost on Mars as a standalone DLC. More info on the Lost on Mars DLC can be found on news.ubisoft.com.
Ads (learn more about our advertising policies here)