You can always expect the gaming community to fix the errs of those who just either don’t care or don’t want to care about their products. In this case, modders have improved the keyboard binding, and raw mouse input for NieR: Automata.
The news was posted up over on the PC gaming sub-reddit, where user Methanhydrat outlined the new mod for Platinum Games’ NieR: Automata.
“The NieR: Automata Input Overhaul Mod (NAIOM) aims to solve all keyboard and mouse related issues in the game. As many other rough PC ports, NieR was primarily designed with a controller in mind and internally maps keyboard and mouse input to gamepad controls.”
The mod adds the ability to utilize raw input from the mouse without any intermediary call functions reliant on emulating an analog, which means you’ll have greater precision over aiming while in combat or looking around. There’s also an all new crosshair designed around mouse aiming for the vertical-scrolling segments in the top-down view.
Additionally, non-standard keybindings have been added for evading and auto-firing. This should make it easier to play the game strictly in keyboard and mouse mode.
And yes, it also features compatibility with existing mods. You can check out the full feature list below:
- Raw mouse input without any acceleration or smoothing
- Precise sensitivity configuration (calibrated for KovaaK’s SensitivityMatcher)
- Fixed camera movement in third-person perspective
- New (optional) crosshair aiming mode for side-scrolling and top-down perspective
- Completely rebindable standard actions to any key or button combination including additional mouse buttons
- Non-standard keybindings, such as a dedicated dash/evade and pod fire toggle
- Full compatibility with FAR mod
There’s a full-on GUI that you can use to assign all the buttons to with easy-to-use click-and-assign functionality. This includes being able to choose the mouse sensitivity, along with choosing how the input is designated to the mouse’s X/Y functionality. You can also specifically modify the sensitivity of the side-scrolling/vertical scrolling segments to make it easier or harder to aim.
You can download the mod for free right now by heading on over to the Nexus Mods download page.
(Thanks for the news tip Rala Cloft)