Do you know all those rumors culminating before and on April Fool’s day about Borderlands 3 being a timed Epic Games Store exclusive? Well, they were right, and folks on PC via Steam won’t see the game drop until April 2020. However, folks who game on the Epic Store and home consoles will be able to go hands-on with Borderlands 3 on September 13th, 2019.
Confirming that Borderlands 3 will be an Epic Store timed exclusive comes straight from 2K President David Ismailer, who said the following in a press release:
“The PC gaming community has been an important part of the success of the Borderlands series, and we are excited to be partnering with Epic who recognize its worldwide popularity and share in our commitment to bring Borderlands 3 to this rapidly expanding audience. Our mission, in addition to delivering the most engaging and captivating entertainment experiences, is to embrace new distribution platforms that will contribute to our effort to grow the audience for Borderlands 3.”
You’ve read right. The “PC gaming community” is so important to 2K that instead of releasing Borderlands 3 on all platforms at launch, the company would rather partner with Epic to split potential consumers and cause disgruntlement over something divisive on a controversial platform.
Moreover, the looter-shooter — or the “shooter-looter” as Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford calls it — will have a season pass that includes four campaign DLC packs featuring additional stories, missions, and challenges.
Speaking of a Season Pass, here is the full list of versions of Borderlands 3 and the additives that folks can pre-order on borderlands.com:
The Borderlands 3 Standard Edition: $59.99
- Base game.
- Pre-order bonus: Gold weapon skins and weapon trinket.
The Borderlands 3 Deluxe Edition: $79.99
- The base game and bonus digital content.
- Retro Cosmetic Pack: Vault Hunter head & skin, Echo Device skin, weapon skin.
- Neon Cosmetic Pack: Vault Hunter head & skin, Echo Device skin, weapon-trinket.
- Gearbox Cosmetic Pack: weapon skin, weapon trinket.
- Toy Box Weapon Pack: Two toy guns, toy grenade mod, weapon trinket, XP & Loot Drop Boost Mods.
- Pre-order bonus: Gold weapon skins & weapon trinket.
The Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe Edition: $99.99*
- Base game.
- All digital content and the pre-order bonus of the Deluxe Edition.
- Borderlands 3 Season Pass.
*The price will go up to $119.99 starting September 17th, 2019
The Borderlands 3 Diamond Loot Chest Collector’s Edition: $249.99
- Base game
- All bonus digital content and the pre-order bonus of the Super Deluxe Edition
- Diamond Loot Chest Replica with a functional retractable lid
- Ten 3-inch tall “Borderlands 3” character figurines including the four Vault
- Hunters and Calypso Twins.
- Sanctuary 3 snap model ship and stand.
- Four Vault Key keychains
- Cloth galaxy map
- Five character art lithographs of the Vault Hunters and Calypso Twins
“Borderlands 3” Steelbook case
If you are interested in the game that will likely flaunt SJW themes throughout it, Borderlands 3’s story, characters, gear and more will be detailed during a gameplay live-stream on May 1st, 2019.