Author of the UKIE or UK charts, Luke Hebblethwaite, took to the organization’s official website to reveal that Activision and Infinity Ward are holding the top spot with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare this holiday season. That’s right, the first-person shooter that’s no stranger to controversy is at the top of the UK charts yet again.
Across the EMEAA and UK charts, the top two games seem to only consist of the same titles: FIFA 20 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Coming in as no surprise, the former and the latter are on this round’s UK chart and happen to have EA and Respawn Entertainment’s Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order trailing behind in third place.
Hebblethwaite notes on ukie.org.uk that the first-person shooter has “dislodged” FIFA 20 from the number one spot in that the sports game has to settle for second place during the holidays.
For those of you curious as to what games made it in the top ten, it consists of the usual two titles mentioned above and the new game that seems to be getting quite the attention this time around, which is Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.
Aside from those three games, Mario Kart 8: Deluxe places in fourth, Luigi’s Mansion 3 comes in fifth place, Pokémon Sword comes in sixth, seventh place is Just Dance 2020, Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo Olympic Games and Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy takes eighth and ninth, while Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled snags last place:
- | 1 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
- | 3 FIFA 20
- | 2 Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- | 4 Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
- | 5 Luigi’s Mansion 3
- | 6 Pokémon Sword
- | 7 Just Dance 2020
- | 8 Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo Olympic Games
- | 13 Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy
- | 17 Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
- | 14 GTA V
- | 20 Borderlands 3
- | 24 Death Stranding
- | 11 Pokémon Shield
- | 16 Red Dead Redemption 2
- | 27 FORZA Horizon 4
- | 26 Need for Speed: Heat
- | 23 Fortnite: Darkfire Bundle
- | 37 Spyro Reignited Trilogy
- | 15 Super Mario Odyssey
- | 22 WWE 2K20
- | 21 TOM CLANCY’S Ghost Recon: Breakpoint
- | 25 Super Mario MAKER 2
- | 29 Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- | 31 Super Mario Party
- | 19 The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- | 28 Plants Vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville
- | 38 New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
- | N/A PlayStation VR Worlds
- | N/A Marvel’s Spider-Man
- | 30 LEGO Harry Potter Collection
- | 33 The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening
- | 35 The Outer Worlds
- | N/A Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
- | 36 NBA 2K20
- | N/A TOM CLANCY’S The Division 2
- | N/A The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR
- | N/A Astro Bot Rescue Mission
- | 39 LEGO Jurassic World
- | N/A Everybody’s Golf VR
If you are confused as to what the numbers and “N/A” stand for, I’ll explain. The number to the left means this week’s place, while the number on the right indicates last week’s position. If N/A is there, it means the game did not appear the week before on the UK report.
So there you have it, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is one of the most beloved games in the UK this holiday season ending the week of December 21st.