When it comes to Famitsu and its recent charts, the dominant beast that usually comes out on top every week, Pokémon Sword and Shield, sits at the number three spot. However, it looks like there’s a new leader this time spanning from January 13th to January 19th, 2020.
The crown victor during said time frame is Sega’s Yakuza: Like A Dragon, a title that happens to beat out some big names.
Thanks to website nintendoeverything.com, folks into numbers, physical sales, and estimations will find that the controversial and dominant game Pokémon Sword and Shield has taken a seat… for now.
Taking second place is Bandai Namco’s latest retelling of Dragon Ball Z, which happens to go by the name of Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot and following that is Yakuza: Like a Dragon.
You can check out the full list right here, where the platform appears first (in brackets), and after that is the working title, current sales, and lifetime accumulative sales — the N/A stands for “not available” due to a game being new:
- [PS4] Yakuza: Like a Dragon – 156,993 (N/A)
- [PS4] Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot – 89,537 (N/A)
- [Switch] Pokémon Sword & Shield – 55,604 (3,312,358)
- [Switch] Ring Fit Adventure – 35,860 (583,429)
- [PS4] Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIV – 20,095 (N/A)
- [Switch] Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore – 18,797 (N/A)
- [Switch] Dr. Kawashima’s Brain Training for Switch – 15,790 (107,698)
- [Switch] Minecraft: Switch Edition – 13,919 (1,222,666)
- [Switch] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 12,370 (2,737,674)
- [Switch] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 12,347 (3,522,802)
As for other noteworthy mentions, Ring Fit Adventure still seems to have a following while Romance of the Three Kingdoms wasn’t far behind in that it holds the number five spot.
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore did not make the top five, while games such as Dr. Kawashima’s Brain Training for Nintendo Switch, Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe took seventh, eighth, and ninth respectively.
And finally, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate came in last.
(Thanks for the news tip Noriyuki Works)