The Weekly Jump has gone up with two pages showing Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time. The magazine details some features in the game regarding battles, Ishi village and more. Dragon Quest XI is set to release for PS4 and the Nintendo 3DS in 2017.
A lot like the information detailed at Jump Festa 2017, the Weekly Jump magazine covers some features that are new in the upcoming Dragon Quest game In Search of Departed Time. The magazine’s highlights are featured below in the bulleted list:
- The protagonist – who you’ll likely be able to name, has a strangely shaped birthmark on his left side hand. It is noted to glow and when it glows something special happens.
- New Character – Emma (who can be seen on the first page at the bottom left) is a close friend of the protagonist who insists to climb a ritual rock with him, which they see something unusual.
- The Great Tree of Life – this tree floats in the center of the world. It is said that the hero can communicate with the soul of the tree, which will likely provide vital information.
- Ishi Village – the small and peaceful place sits near the southern part of the land and acts as the starting place for the protagonist. The magazine also provides glimpses of the PS4 version compared to the 3DS version.
- Battles – Weekly Jump covers the look of the PS4 battle system and the 3DS battle system. The PS4 version shows monsters that are seen in previous titles in the series fully modeled, while the 3DS version sees the monsters and party in 3D mode, and just the monsters in 2D mode.
If you are curious where this information comes from you can see the screenshot of the two pages revealing the information listed above. For your viewing pleasure you can look over the screenshot below.
Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time is planned to debut for the PS4 and 3DS sometime during 2017. The game is also noted to get a Switch version, but no release date has been set yet.