Mustin Enterprises announced that the two part album based on the heavily popular hardcore RPG series Mother (Better known in the Western part of the world as Earthbound) is currently available for purchase right now.
Originally part of the Fangamer Kickstarter, the remix albums based on the songs and themes from the Earthbound/Mother series are available as a standalone purchase either as digital downloads or physical releases. The album is appropriately named Psychokinetic.
The remix songs were put together by some really Bad Dudes. The remixes span Mother, Mother 2, Mother 3 and Earthbound. You can listen to the first part of the Psychokinetic album via the Band Camp page, where you can also purchase the digital album for only $9.99.
The first song right off the bad sets the mood, but as you listen to each track you can easily recognize the theme songs from one of Nintendo’s most beloved franchises. That’s not to mention that the series has been rife with copyright controversies over the years.
Bad Dudes founder Mustin commented in the press release about how the two part remix album came about, stating…
“Fangamer’s Kickstarter aimed to deliver the ultimate EarthBound fan’s dream package – a guidebook for the game, a documentary about the effects of EarthBound in the United States, a fan zine, lots of collectible knick-knacks, and our album,”
“Backer Emile Rosales challenged me by requesting two pieces of short, ambient music from EarthBound to arrange: ‘Crossing Space and Time’ and ‘The Place.’ I drew from my experience playing the game and applying my senses of both wonder and terror as you learn the true nature of this cave and what it means for your party: that the estranged father of one of your team mates will have to turn you kids into robots in order to send you back in time to save the world. I made new sounds and used new tools I’ve never used before – there are even cow sounds peppered into the track for bizarre effects. It is the work I am most proud of to date.”
To be honest, the OST sounds pretty good. In fact it sounds a heck of a lot better than I was expecting. Additionally, the remix doesn’t stray too far away from the original sounds that made the Earthbound music so iconic in the first place. You can check out the full soundtrack list for part 1 and part 2 below. If you want to purchase the digital or physical album, you can visit the Mustin Enterprises official website where the Psychokinetic album is available for only $15.00.
Psychokinetic Part 1
01. Pollyanna Bounce (I Believe In You) [EarthBound]
02. Twoson Hometown Show (Theme of Twoson) [EarthBound]
03. Jon Bon Voyage, Amigo (Bon Voyage, Amigo) [MOTHER 3]
04. Find Your Happy Place (Memory of Tazmily) [MOTHER 3]
05. Door to Door Happiness (Monkey’s Delivery Service) [MOTHER 3]
06. wE FeEL GRoOVE! (Saturn Valley) [EarthBound]*
07. Show Me What You Got (Save the Miners!) [EarthBound]
08. Checkout is at Eleven (Enjoy Your Stay) [EarthBound]
09. Funny Dawg (Humoresque of a Little Dog) [EarthBound]
10. Home Again Again (Pollyanna) [EarthBound]
11. Reminiscing No. 1 (Onett) [EarthBound]
12. Geognosis (Wisdom of the World) [MOTHER]
Psychokinetic Part 2
01. Paula (Paula’s Theme) [EarthBound]
02. DRGN (Fight with Mecha Drago) [MOTHER 3]
03. Bag of Pork Chips (His Highness’ Theme) [MOTHER 3]*
04. mom’s cookies (We Miss You – Theme of Love) [MOTHER 3]
05. Steppin’ in the Rain (Gentle Rain) [MOTHER 3]
06. This August Will Be Different (Summers) [EarthBound]
07. Thank You For Remembering Me (Snowman) [EarthBound]
08. Magicant Gamelan (Magicant) [MOTHER]
09. There is No Turning Back Now (Crossing Space&Time/The Place) [EarthBound]
10. Master P (Pokey Means Business!/Cease to Exist) [EarthBound]
11. Exit Music (For A Game) (The Heroes Return) [EarthBound]
12. The Power and the Glory (Eight Melodies) [MOTHER]
* Tracks are included on the limited physical edition only