Not much information has spilled out of this job listing regarding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077, but there is some things that are rather interesting nestled within the upcoming game’s Sound Designer job listing.
If you happen to be uninterested in job listings and all-things Cyberpunk you may not find this very interesting. However if you do happen to find the above enticing get ready to buckle-up, because there some things listed here that might catch your interest.
Firstly, a week ago CD Projekt Red posted up a job listing looking for a PR Manager who will act as the company’s “North America” (NA) public-facing representative for the team’s studio. The person of interest will be working on NA public relations strategy for Gwent: The Witcher Card Game and Cyberpunk 2077. Cooperation with CD Projekt Red’s global PR team will be something of the norm.
We are looking for a talented and creative PR Manager (NA).
— CD PROJEKT RED (@CDPROJEKTRED) September 7, 2017
The required skills for said job can be seen below:
- Establish and maintain close relationships with all key media outlets, editors and influencers across North America.
- Create, oversee and update database of NA gaming and mainstream media and influencers.
- Establish and organize the daily work of PR department and external PR agencies in collaboration with global HQ.
- As a key part of the global team, plan the communication activities both in-house and externally – arrange articles/interviews, post news, distribute video materials through media etc.
- Fully supervise the overall quality of all assets produced by global PR department both video, written, printed, etc.
- Manage PR documents with key marketing/feature principles for each game to the local NA market tastes/needs.
- Together with global brand and event teams organize trade show presences and whole communication strategy connected with said events (key messaging, press packs, presentations, press packs, what is being shown, etc.).
- Daily communication with CD PROJEKT RED global team (based in Warsaw, Poland) to ensure close collaboration and synchronization on global PR activities and company’s strategy.
Overall, the job sees named person establishing relations with other mainstream media outlets to propagate all things Gwent: The Witcher Card Game and Cyberpunk 2077, while looking over and supervising the overall quality of assets made by global PR department — which includes material like videos, digital text, printed assets, and so on.
The next job listing posted just today sees a Sound Designer to contrive in-game sound effects, audio assets and other things along the likes. This person will be responsible for designing/implementing sound effects for specific areas of Cyberpunk 2077, which consists of battle sequences, roaming around, miscellaneous events and performing various actions.
— CD PROJEKT RED (@CDPROJEKTRED) September 14, 2017
The following requirements for said job can be read over below:
- Creating sound effects and audio assets utilizing pre-recorded Sound Library materials as well as audio synthesis, location recording, and Foley recording.
- Integrating audio content into the game using Wwise, scripting, and other in-house tools and software.
- Working closely with other teams to ensure created audio contributes to and enhances the gameplay and game narrative.
As posted in the job listing, there will be a heavy focus on audio contributing and enhancing gameplay experiences. In other words, CD Projekt Red wants to make sure that audio cues correctly and has weight to it when doing stuff to bolster immersion whilst playing Cyberpunk 2077.
Lastly, although this is kinda minute, but does show that the team does read comments, one of the members on Twitter finally responded to a fan about a job listing (the Sound Designer job) and had this to say:
Cyberpunk 2077 will be ready when it is ready and will launch for PC and the latest consoles.
Ads (learn more about our advertising policies here)