Sega and D3T will launch Shenmue 1 and 2 for PC via Steam, PS4, and Xbox One on August 21st, 2018. The old 2000 and 2001 games will be playable yet again; the latter title will also be making it to an Xbox console for the second time after it appeared on the OG Xbox back in 2002. As of now, Sega has a new description, pre-order sale, and trailer out for the two.
Firstly, Sega has announced that Shenmue 1 and 2 will launch physically for consoles (PS4 and Xbox One) and digitally worldwide. Starting with the digital edition, it is available to pre-order today via the PS Store, Microsoft Store, and Steam with a 10 percent discount for its $29.99 price point.
If you pre-order Shenmue 1 and 2 you will gain access to the physical edition, a double-sided poster showing characters from the series, and, lastly, a reversible cover art featuring original artwork. If you don’t know, this pre-order bonus has been available since April.
With all of that said, you can read over the official description and watch the newly posted trailer that’s featured on SegaAmerica YouTube channel right here:
“SEGA’s most requested re-release of all time finally comes to a new generation. Shenmue delivers an epic story of revenge within a unique open world that is still unrivalled in depth and detail. Return to the epic saga that defined modern gaming. The saga begins…again.”
Moreover, you can read key features and improvements made to the upcoming August due games below.
- Updated user interface
- Choice of modern or classic controls
- Japanese audio available for the first time for a global audience
- Fully scalable screen resolutions
- A tale of revenge on a grand scale
- Solve the mystery of your father’s murder
- An experience never to be forgotten
- Talk to anyone, scour the world for clues
- NPCs live independent lives on their own schedule
- Faithful recreations of 1980s Japan and Hong Kong, China
- Distract yourself with arcade games, collectibles, duck racing, and more
As noted above, Shenmue 1 and 2 will debut late next month for PC via Steam and home consoles.