The small indie team known as JKB Games has released a new update video showing off Mega Man X: Corrupted. The newly posted gameplay trailer reveals Ride Armor gameplay, customization, different locations, and a new boss fight.
If you don’t know, Mega Man X: Corrupted is a fan project made up of a handful of indie devs. The project has been in the works around a decade and is still taking shape — as seen on the team’s Twitch channel and Facebook page.
Not too long ago, Capcom has announced Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection, which includes Mega Man Zero 1, 2, 3, and 4, plus ZX and ZX Advent. And overloading Mega Man fans with more Blue Bomber news comes the following update trailer:
As for some perspective, features such as Ride Armor customization, X and Zero customization, control mapping, different outcomes, new enemies, and more are in the game. Additionally, you can see what the game has to offer as of now:
- X and Zero are both playable with different intros and openings
- Open world with non-linear gameplay and multiple paths
- Story-based on cannon events from X1-X5
- Decisions you make change the story and lead to different endings
- New armors for X and Zero
- 5 levels of difficulty
- New enemies
- Level up to gain Skill Points to upgrade weapons and skills
- Complete achievements to earn extra Skill Points
- Customizable controls
- New weapons and skills
- Mini-map that expands as you explore
- Several hidden items to collect
It would be nice if Capcom partnered up with JKB Games much like how Pixar teamed up with a fan named POGO so that none of the above will go to waste, but we’ll see how things pan out.
Although it remains unclear whether Capcom will keep this project going or DMCA it out of existence, what does remain clear is that the devs are still headstrong on bringing Mega Man X: Corrupted to life and that the project has a dedicated following.