Kojima Productions’ Death Stranding has made the top list on Famitsu. That’s right, the game that has gamers and fans alike split like a great earthquake is leading the pack of the best top ten selling physical games in Japan for the week of November 4th through November 10th, 2019.
Whether you love him or hate him, Kojima and crew are currently leading Famitsu’s chart for the week before this one with 185,909 copies sold. This, of course, is in Japan.
In other words, UK and U.S. sales have not come in by other firms as of this writing to track digital or physical copies. So while we wait for companies like the UKIE charts or the NPD Group to offer insight on a list of new or old games, we have Famitsu to carry us over.
Thanks to nintendoeverything.com, we see Death Stranding, Luigi’s Mansion 3, and Ring Fit Adventure as the top three games. Their physical copies sold are 185,909, 54,680, 52,240 respectively.
The full list of games sit below, with the first number being current sales and the second number being lifetime sales:
- [PS4] Death Stranding – 185,909 | NEW
- [NSW] Luigi’s Mansion 3 – 54,680 | 205,329
- [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure – 52,240 | 235,925
- [PS4] Persona 5 Royal – 20,113 | 221,561
- [PS4] Need for Speed Heat – 16,306 | NEW
- [PS4] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare – 16,179 | 171,754
- [NSW] Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 – 14,276 | 33,714
- [NSW] Minecraft – 8,321 | 995,523
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 7,866 | 2,519,528
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 7,693 | 3,324,998
As of now, Death Stranding is only available on the PlayStation family of consoles, which includes the base PS4, PS4 Slim, and the PS4 Pro. However, that will change moving forward come the summer of 2020 when the nebulous game lands on PC via Steam and through 505 Games on the Epic Games Store.
Lastly, Death Stranding is out now for PS4 and will release on PC via Steam and the Epic Games Store sometime in the mid part of 2020.