Firstly, the above and following information comes from YouTuber Rogue-9. In case you aren’t familiar with his work, he mainly focuses on numbers, spread-sheets, statistics, and utilizing the most effective gear for various situations. He’s covered games such as Battlefield 1, Battlefield V, Rainbow Six Siege, Far Cary 5, Valorant, PUBG, and other titles too.
With that said, his latest video covers Ubisoft’s most recent May 12th, 2020, Terms of Service (ToS) update. In the update, he highlights quite a bit of stuff as seen below:
A subject that pops up twice during his video is Ubisoft prohibiting the act of creating multiple accounts on its service(s). If someone does commit this act, a player can face a ban or account termination across PC and home consoles.
Here’s one of the snippets that Rogue-9 pulled up from legal.ubi.com regarding multiple accounts:
2.5 Multiple Accounts.
You must not create multiple accounts, except if we specifically allow it. In such case, you acknowledge that you will close your additional Account upon our request, or that we may terminate your additional Account.
Accompanying bullet point 2.5 comes bullet point 8.2, which elaborates on the whole multi-account situation:
8.2 Termination of the Account or access to Service(s) at our initiative.
We may suspend or close your Account and your ability to use one or more Services or part of the Services, at any time, automatically and at our sole discretion where:
- We have formally requested that you provide us with proof of your identity or to cease an action, behaviour, or breach of these Terms;
- We have reasonable grounds to believe that you have violated these Terms (including the Rules of Conduct) or any specific terms and conditions relating to any Service;
- For any other reason in relation to your actions in or outside of the Services;
- Upon notification, where your Account has been inactive for more than six months.
Should you have more than one Account, we reserve the right to suspend or close all of your Accounts once one has been suspended or closed by us under this process.
After bullet point 8.2 comes bullet point 8.3. The third rule details what happens when an account is terminated for creating multiple accounts:
8.3 Consequences of the Termination/Suspension of an Account.
- You cannot use the Services and Content anymore.
- You will lose, and we may delete, your profile and the related information you have passed on to us, together with any Content you may have published, uploaded, made available on the Services, notably your username, avatar(s), and UGC.
- We may not allow you to create an Account again without our express permission, at our discretion, through asking https://support.ubi.com.
- In the event of termination of your Account, you will no longer have access to your Account and you will lose all your save files and in-game progression related to the Services.
In the event of termination of your Account or of Service(s) associated with your Account, no credit (such as for unused Services, unused subscription period, unused points or Ubisoft Virtual Currency) will be credited to you or converted into cash or any other form of reimbursement.